Shankle heel & toe

To continue this thread a bit more, may I relate my experiences with this
item on a '91 Spider?  Installation was no problem, but even spending a bunch
of time adjusting, found that while it lowered the throttle to allow the
proper heel & toe, it also reduced the throttle travel enough to make driving
on the street difficult.  It greatly reduced ability to control the throttle,
such that it became not quite, but similar to, an on-off switch for the FI.
Might work if you raced, but on the street, where intermediate throttle is
the norm, not so good.  The problem seems to be related to the geometry of
the linkage. Initial throttle dip opens the throttle too much.  So I've
removed the kit and instead played around with the highly adjustable throttle
linkage. I now have it adjusted so that the throttle is not open all the way
until the pedal hits the floor (metal throttle stop on the carpeted floor
also adjusted as low as it will go).  With a sheet metal fabricated throttle
pedal to lower just a bit more, heel & toein' works pretty well, as long as
you're not very hard on the brakes when you try it.

Jim Hatfield
91 Spider