Oil Filter Leak

After changing the oil and filter in my '69 Spider, the FISPA oil filter has
developed a strange leak.  The seal between the bottom can and the upper housing
is fine and is not leaking.  Instead, the leak is coming from the screw-down
connector (that takes a 19 mm socket) on top the filter and that cinches the can
to the upper housing.  This connector has what appears to be a neoprene gasket
that is apparently shot..  The local auto parts store has nothing that resembles
that gasket, nor do they have an aluminum nor copper gasket of appropriate size.
I tried a rubber O-ring, but that did not work.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in
advance.

Bob Cess, Stony Brook, NY