spark plug wire orientation

Happy New Year, everybody!

My '74 2000 GT Veloce(Spica) project has been sort of running since my first
starting attempts. However, it was only running on a couple of cylinders,
until revved, then it seemed like one more came in. I plan to check on fuel
delivery, but am most curious about the orientation of the wires on the
distributor cap.

The firing order is 1342 and the distributor rotates clock-wise as viewed
from above, correct? Which # spark plug wire connects to the distributor
post/terminal facing the front of the car, just to the right of the front
distrib. clip? My wires are in the right order, but appear to be 180 degrees
out, ie plug #1 is at the rear post on the distrib. (...when compared to the
setup on my non-running '75 GT Vel, which has a Spica 1750 in it. This car
has #1 at the front post...)

Any good suggestions to check for fuel delivery from the injectors? On my
P-car I just pull them out and spray into ice cream tubs. The Alfa lines are
not flexible, but could they be loosened and turned away from their engine
mountings to spray into a container?

thanks for any help!
Peter