Track Events

Okay, time to put my uselesss opinion out there for everybody to read <g>.

Joe wrote:

<<<<<
What many have perceived as being rude, is the result of many years of
people like Mr. Sedon complaining about not being able to get track time.
But when it is offered there is no commitment on their part. They want us
to continue to devote resources and pray they show up?

Joe has an excellent point, and from other recent posts he does not seem to
be an arrogant Ferrari owner.  Indeed, most Ferrari owners I've met over
the years got their start in Fiat, Alfa or Lancia.  While an F50 is out of
my price range, I hope to buy a 328 in a few years.  Also, while Doug's
spelling frequently drives me batty, I've had good conversations with him.
 I wonder if the exchange of nasty email is just an example of bad
communication?

Track time is expensive, and requires a great deal of financial commitment
up front to reserve the track and whatever other facilities are needed.
 The track owner is committing his resources, the instructors commit their
time, medical people (if any) etc.  If a person wants to drive on a good
track, that person should be prepared to commit to it.

Joe also brings up a good point: on a fast-paced track, cars of similar
capability should be grouped together.  While my GTV-6 can probably play
with a pre-FI 308, the last thing I want on my rear bumper is a 12-cylinder
Testarossa waiting for me to get the hell out of the way.  It's only fair
that to dedicate some track time to our older cars, there should be enough
of us paying for the privledge to get a time slot.

I wish I had access to track events in Arkansas.  But after having the
Arkansas SCCA chapter ignore my inquiry emails for over a year (bunch of
Miata-driving snobs), I'll just patiently wait for AROCO's Hallet event and
the annual Alfa autocross in Eureka Springs.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 135k miles
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 66k miles