164 fuel filter

Last weekend I changed the oil & filter (remove the passenger tire and it's
a breeze) and air filter. I had to stop, however, at the fuel filter as I
didn't have a 17 or 18 mm wrench (pathetic, I know). Does anyone have any
tips for this job, e.g., preventing gas from gushing out the fuel line onto
my face 3 inches below? Next week I'm heading out to Sears for the
appropriate tools.

BTW -- I only used genuine Alfa parts and I don't think they cost any more
than Fram or K&Ns.

Paul cuadra@domain.elided

164 LS 5-speed
Moto Guzzi Sport (looking longingly at the new Aprilias)