Re: Busted fan blade and shroud

Well, the radiator is pulled and the front area cleaned out. I found out that
during the original dealer installed air-conditioning it appears that some
monkey had cut the fan shroud so that the extended crank pulley (so that it
could pull both the alternator and the installed compressor unit) would fit.
To do this they eliminated the entire bottom section of the shroud making it
extremely weak and flexible.  Since I have it out, how about installing a
slim electric fan that pulls and would one match up to the four bolts that
the original shroud was bolted to?  This seems like a great option since I
have the radiator out anyway. Has anybody done this? Where did they get the
fan? How much? Did it fit on the four shroud bolts? What is the deal?  I like
the thought of improving the space for future work, improving the performance
and improving the cooling.  Thanks, Norm.