Re: [AROC Driver Of The Year...my choice]

All:

I'm sure you will hear from Mike Hemsley on this.  Mike relies on INPUT f=
rom
us.  He can't be at all the races (probably very few of us could) and doe=
sn't
see all the results etc etc.

So............a RESOLUTION or CHALLENGE!!  If you race, let Mike know
where/when and how you are doing.  If you know someone who races...let Mi=
ke
know about the results etc. [Route this through me until Mike posts his e=
mail
address]

If we, or even some of us, do this then the next AROC DoY could hopefully=
 be
at better representitve of the Alfa community.

my $0.02

Ralph
AROC Director

"David and Jane Emerson" <jazzoid@domain.elided> wrote:
> We cam all throw our two bits in on this one. My vote goes to George Wi=
llet
> of the NWARC who races a 69 GTV in both conference and vintage. In just=

> about three years George has gone from novice to showing many other big=
ger
> spending races his tail. He's done that by trying to truly understand
Alfa's
> engineering then using that knowledge to properly raceprep his GTV. On =
top
> of that he's taken other novice vintage racers under his wing ; helping=

them
> prep cars and giving driving instruction while still staying focused on=
 his
> own racing. I'm sure every other section of the country must have a Geo=
rge
> Willet who never gets recognition from the establishment. Let's hear ab=
out
> them, not the folks out there trying to spend their way to the front.
> =

> Emmo
> 72 GTV "Miles" because she's "all blues"
> 76 Spider "For Sale" because she still is
> =

Ralph
Houston, TX
Get paid to surf the 'net, go to....