Head Gasket & Timing Chain

Okay, I'm getting ready to tackle a head gasket replacement on my '74
GTV. I've done engine work, but never on an Alfa, so any warnings,
suggestions, tricks, words of wisdom are welcome. Also... I noticed from
various shop manuals, that the timing chain needs to be disconnected
(unlinked, delinked, master-link removed, whatever). Is this a simple
process, like most Alfa stuff, or a big pain in the ars... like other
Alfa stuff. Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Jerry