Alfas in Brazil?

I recently returned from a vacation in Natal, Brazil (50 digests in
my mailbox! How am I going to ever catch up? ;-), and I must say
tthere were very few Alfas there. There were loads of small Fiats
there. The Opel/Vauxhalls were labeled with "Chevrolet"! That's
actually pretty funny for me, who grew up with huge Chevrolets
around me. Seeing a Chevrolet Corsa 1.0 is not the same...

Anyway, the only Alfas spotted were a black 164 and a brand new 166
driving into a garage. Lucky guys! Any Brazilian Alfa-owners on the
list who can comment on the Alfa situation down there?

regards,
Nils C-:
- --
Nils L. Corneliusen