Distributor rotor disintegration in 164

Remember Fred Di Matteo's post about this problem?
Well, it happened to me on dec 30th while driving on this parkway in NYC,
where there is only expensive towing available.Cost me $350..
Anyway, the delayed start problem is now taken care of with new coil and
cap+rotor.I didn't want to believe in this as just new rotor had not solved
the problem, and went one way or another with replacing all the sensors and
the pump and motronic relays.Well, there it is, it starts now right away..
If anyone wants details of the symptoms when it stalled just to know what to
expect, e-mail me..
Vlad
'91 164L
(drove 84 rabbit to Canada and back for new year, insted of abovementioned
vehicle)