Re: LS Belt Change

I have been advised on my '94 LS that it is appropriate to "retension"
the timing belt after 5-10k miles after a belt change.  The 24V V6 seems
to have a tendency to slip the cam belt on a tooth or two, on the rear
exhaust cam if I am not mistake, which leads to almost a popping in the
exhaust at idle, although the engine otherwise runs ok.  I guess that
this is caused by the belt slipping and not being taken up by the
tensioner.  This seems to be a common problem, but does not damage the
engine in and of itself.