A switch in time...

Just a quick update- My 1987 Alfa Spider Quad has some type of factory relay
already under the dash with the fuses for headlights only.

I turned on the parking lights very slowly, not relay click, turned the
switch again, CLICK, and the headlights came on, moved to high beam, no
click.

Has anyone found a similar condition?  Just wondering if the relay for the
headlights is sufficient in reducing the load on the column switch to an
acceptable level?  Or, should relays be installed for all light operation?

Thanks,

Bob Rand