Re: Transporting your Alfa

Ian:

I would guess you would pay $1,000 to $1,200 for an open
transporter, where your car is mingled with cars from folks
who are relocating.  This is the cheapest level - classic car
transporters - some of whom use enclosed carriers - charge
more.  The time of year matters a lot - in the spring/early
summer, when a lot of people are moving, rates go up,
and the availability of spaces goes down.  You need to
shop around.  Also, be warned that here are a lot of flakes
in this business.

You may have a problem with an inoperable car - they
need it to be drivable, because they want to be able
to offload it from the carrier at a depot, and re-load it
onto another carrier, as they try to put together loads
that will come off sequentially, make maximum use of
the space, etc.

Good Luck

Jay Mackro