engine hoist

	We are looking at buying a house that has a 1-car garage.  This means
that I won't have the floor space for equipment that I only use every
once in a blue moon.  I need to rebuild the engines in both my Alfas,
GTV and Spider.  I was thinking of putting a chain hoist (1 ton model)
in the rafters of the garage to hoist out the engines but this means
that I'd have to move the car to get the engine out instead of moving
the hoist.  Then I thought of attaching the hoist to one of the
old-fashioned barn door tracks with the track attached to the underside
of the rafters;  maybe a 4 foot length of track would surf ice  But I'm
not sure how much weight the track and the roller hardware can handle.
The Northern Tool & Equipment catalog sells an 'adjustable trolley' that
runs an I-beam but this means I'd have to mount a heavier I-beam to the
rafters and the trolley itself looks pretty massive.  Has anyone done
this with success (and failure)?

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV