Re: tire choice quandry...

I have run Hoosier R3S02 "cheater" tires on a GTV on Panasport 15mm
offset 7 X 15 rims, in two tire sizes: 245-45 and 225-45. These tires
were run at Texas World Speedway (pre-"doorknob" section addition) and
at Road America. The 245 width tires were a pain - we were happy when
they died (nothing against the tire itself). The 225 width tires were
great, despite being mounted on 7" rims (Only $$$ keeps me from changing
to 8 inch rims). Perhaps the fact that they are 45 series tires, and
therefore have less sidewall to flex (and they are STIFF sidewalls),
allows me to get away with the 7 inch rims. On the street, I drive on
205-50/15 Pirelli P-zero assimetricos (on a Giulia Super) on the same
type of Panasport rims.