Re: alfa-digest V7 #1234

In a message dated 12/22/1999 6:18:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< resulted in a parking ticket for $30. The
 ticket got my license plate and VIN right, but under "vehicle make" it
 clearly says "BMW"

 Do I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting this ticket dismissed on a
 technicality? I mean it says BMW, not Alfa. Couldn't the officer have been
 looking at the wrong car? >>

I think the short answer would be NEVER!

On a similar note, I went to a meeting in Hollywood a couple of months ago
and parked at a meter.  The meeting ran a little long, the meter ran out, and
I got a ticket for overtime parking.  No problem identifying an Alfa here.
It's a business expense, ho-hum, and I paid it pretty much right away.

About a month later I got a letter from the City of LA Parking Authority (or
whatever it's officially called).  They said something was in error
concerning that ticket, and if I would like my money back, please indicate
below and sign on the dotted line and return the letter, which of course I
did.

While that, too, seemed like a parking ticket NEVER, I must report that so
far I haven't seen the $30.  But if I do, Chris, I will use it to take you
out to lunch next time you're in LA.

Charlie

AROSC

84 GTV6