Re: alfa-digest V7 #1233

In a message dated 12/21/1999 7:57:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< it backfired like nothing I'd ever seen--sent the intake
 plenum through the hood and the UglyPanel flying across my friend's yard! >>

Sorry to hear of your tribulations, Joe.  Hope the New Century treats you
better.

Meanwhile, about the plenum launching:  A wise old racer and former dealer
service manager once told me that you must slightly back off the screws
holding the air ducting that leads into the plenum because if these are too
tight, an event like you had causes the plenum to blow, and with it the
plastic panel (which is there just for that purpose, and not to keep pizza
warm at bocce matches as is sometimes mistakenly reported).  If you slightly
back off the screws instead of keeping them dead tight, the ducting will more
likely separate, and that's much less of a bother to put back together and
can also be less embarrassing.

Charlie
AROSC
LA, CA, USA