re: Grammar on the Digest (No Alfa content; probably too long) - minimal alfa content

hi mike,

among otter things, ewe said:
>I must admit to some surprise and schoolmarmish chagrin at my first
>reading of a posting by the esteemed Mr. seed-in, but I finally came to the
>conclusion that the digest was the elecronic metaphor for the neighborhood
>bar where Alfa nuts gather, and cavils about standard English usage would be
>about as superfluous as a truffle on a perfectly good chili dog.
==========================
what is "elecronic"?!?  :>)  seriously, i tinks ya hit the nail rite on the head
w/this - i'm yust another alfa-nut ambling up to the bar. (fortunately, i'm too
thin to *belly* up to the bar!)

>     There certainly is room for a serious discussion on where this new
>cyberspeak is leading the English language, and Doug (dug?) and I probably
>would be on opposite sides of that debate....
i tinks ya mite be a bit surprised as to which end we'd be on - unless it's
*ewe* who is a proponent of the gnu cyberspeak leading the english language.
bar-room banter is yust that - mebbe a few expressions from that locale find
their way into the mainstream of language, but it surely isn't leading the
language - i don't think cyberspeak is, either.

ciao for now, serious food/beverage/etc. ingestion is on the horizon!

doug "knows good english when i sees it" sedon
- -heading out to the shankle-ized 3.0 gtwe6 bastard to terrorize the locals, on
my way home! - minimal alfa content