RE: Erudite Digesters

bs wrote:

> maybe richard should append his usage posts to include a style
> guide, or enhance his spam filter to spell check, grammar
> check, or otherwise filter out any posts that don't contain
> 100% proper grammar, capitalization, punctuation, or whatever.

Another solution to this problem would be to infect the offending
digester's computer with the Strunkenwhite virus. This virus,
named Strunkenwhite after the authors of a classic guide to good
writing, blocks email messages that have grammatical or spelling
errors. And unlike the dubious spell checkers that come with
word processing programs, it is deadly accurate in its
detection abilities.

Best wishes to all for the coming holiday season.

Rich Hirsch

P.S. Learn more about the Strunkenwhite virus at
http://www.bobsfridge.com/virus.html

A new computer virus is spreading throughout the Internet, and it is far
more =

insidious than last week's Chernobyl menace. Named Strunkenwhite after =

the authors of a classic guide to good writing, it returns e-mail message=
that =

have grammatical or spelling errors. It is deadly accurate in its detecti=
on

abilities, unlike the dubious spell checkers that come with word processi=
ng

programs. =

The virus is causing something akin to panic throughout corporate America=
, =

which has become used to the typos, misspellings, missing words and =

mangled syntax so acceptable in cyberspace. The CEO of LoseItAll.com, an =

Internet startup, said the virus has rendered him helpless. "Each time I
tried =

to send one particular e-mail this morning, I got back this error message=
: =

'Your dependent clause preceding your independent clause must be set off =

by commas, but one must not precede the conjunction.' I threw my laptop =

across the room." =

  he can also reject any posts in which the author
doesn't include his home address and telephone #, even if there's the
slightest chance that those items are completely irrelevant to whatever
question the poster is asking or responding to - *somebody* will be
offended
if he doesn't know where the poster lives.
 =

i'll look forward to the one or two posts per month that make it through.=
 =

hope they have something to do with alfas..
 =

bs