Alfetta Fumes

I agree with the posting pointing to the configuration of the body and the exhaust tailpipe as a possible culprit in allowing exhaust fumes into Alfetta interiors.  It is also important to point out that the tailpipe should point downwards as original.  The cabin of our 76 Alfetta Gt now draws in a lot more exhaust fumes since I replaced the OEM style exhaust with a full Stebro system where the tailpipe projects horizontally out from under the bumper.  This car has all new rubber seals on it, and it still leaks like a sieve (it took me two years to find all of the various rubber seals;  thank goodness Matt Jones at ReOriginals has found a source for them.  I believe they are listed in this latest catalogue).

Someone wiser than myself once suggested to drive with the interior fan on to create a positive pressure inside the cockpit to help exclude fumes from getting in.  This seems to help somewhat.

Happy Holidays,

Arno Leskinen
(Former Kansas City Yellow Shirt type now relocated to Phoenix)
92 Spider Veloce
76 Alfetta Gt