Deleting the self-leveling in a Milano

Hi all,

I did the job myself and I do not recall it taking
that long.  I'll say it took about 3 hours, but I am
not a professional mechanic nor have all the tools
that big shops have.

There is no need for an other PS pump.  What I did is
cut the fluid lines at the leveling valve and used
plumbing fittings to splice the supply line to the
return line, bent them a little and tie-rapped to the
body out of the way.

I used stock springs with yellow Bilstein shocks.  The
car runs like a truck.  My car is used for daily city
driving, and the Bilstein are very stiff, they absorb
very little of road bumps.

The Bilsteins did not come with new bushings.  In the
instructions it said to use the old ones.

The back seat needs to be removed to access the upper
bolts for the shocks.  Disconnect Watts link at outer
ends and disconnect sway bar at both ends to remove
and install the springs.

There is no need to remove the accumulators, just plug
them with cork or wood plugs from any hardware store.

If you need the splice fitting size e-mail me.  I can
not remember the size right now, but I'll go to the
hardware store with my old lines and match them.

I removed mine because it was leaking, otherwise I
would've kept it.  In fact if any of you is willing to
donate any none leaking self-leveling shocks I'll take
them (I'll pay the shipping), I want to go back to
self-leveling.

Later

=====
Abe Kheraz