Re: alfa-digest V7 #1229

In a message dated 12/20/1999 12:27:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< while driving through the city today i experienced by far the weirdest
 thing ever with either 164.  I had just driven a pleasant two hours in my
 wounded 164S (rear-ended earlier this week), stopped briefly, and then
 restarted.  when i restarted i tried turning on my lights (always drive
 with my lights on), but nothing happened.  i tried them on and off for a
 while but still nothing.  also, no moon roof power, power windows, f/r
 fog lights; >>

I bet 2500 lire the impact affected the ground wire in a rear tail light
assembly (probably on the driver's side) which grounds all these devices and
you have an intermittent connection as a result.  When all else fails, check
the black wire.  In fact, do this first, since a faulty ground is, in my
experience, the cause of nearly all routine and mysterious Alfa problems that
don't involve massive collision damage.

It's easy to check, easy to fix, so what have you got to lose starting with
the simplest but most likely culprit?

Charlie

LA, CA, USA

84 GTV6