Re: alfa-digest V7 #1229

In a message dated 12/20/1999 12:27:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< when I first start the car the battery light stays on and =
 the=20
 voltmeter reads around 9.  This immediately resolves by revving the car=20
 once.  Does this mean anything?"

 My answer...... well, maybe it does, but nobody yet has worked out just =
 what it means..!!!  More seriously, though, the answer is "They all do =
 that" (or a great many of them do, anyway).  >>

I can report from California that the 71 spider did that for 14 years and
nary a trouble... the 84 GTV6 does it once in a while and no problemo... the
91 spider seems to do it most of the time and everything's copasetic... and
the 87 Milano never does it at all and lets out a little giggle about it.

There have been various descriptions, theories, and disquisitions on this
topic but I don't believe the phenomenon has ever been linked to a genuine
problem, so just forget it and drive.

Charlie

LA, CA, USA
84 GTV6