Milano oil pressure, 115 brake calipers

Replacing Milano Oil Pressure sensors can be a 10 minute job by having
an el-cheapo open end wrench (don't know offhand what size, 13 or 14 mm
or something like that) bent at a 90 deg. angle - had it done by the guy
at my local muffler shop, no charge.
With this custom Alfa tool you can now easily access the sender and have
it out in a few minutes, and a new OEM sensor only costs 40 or 50 bucks.

Seems like an infinitely more elegant solution than shorting things out,
even if the senders aren't deadly accurate.

Have also been following with interest this thread of replacing 105/115
series front calipers with those from various other makes.
I did a little research regarding the claim that BMW 4 piston calipers
from any late 70's to early 80's 5, 6 or 7 series car will work and
found it not to be the case.
At least on 5 series cars, the early and late calipers (within the above
range of years) differ entirely.  Only the early ones have similar bolt
holes as those on an Alfa.  Most calipers have two inlet lines instead
of one.  This can be spliced with a "T" line as has been noted.  Most
calipers are also designed for vented rotors.  I had read  that the
solution is to split the caliper and remove the spacer, but have since
been told it is near impossible to avoid a leaky caliper after splitting
it.  The other option seems to be to fabricate some type of spacer to
fit under the brake pads to take up the add'l room.
The best fit I found was from mid 70's  Bavarias, which are the
precursors to the 5 series.  They have a single inlet and are designed
for solid rotors.  In the end I left things alone altogether but the
question remains:
Can anyone provide a first hand account of swapping front calipers on a
105/115 car, with details of the replacement unit, braking
effectiveness, fit, etc??

Peter Kemos
Santa Cruz
73 GTV