Altr wng lamp (was 90 Spider ignition problems)

Thanks Fred for your reply in Digest no.1230, about the business of the =
charge warning light not extinguishing after start-up until the throttle =
is blipped once. =20

Certainly your description seems a sound explanation for the one-blip =
requirement.  However, on reflection, I usually see something a little =
different on my Alfas, which is that often the light won't go out until =
after several blips, or even  a minute of two of driving. I suspect that =
Fred's explanation still holds true, in that the alternator isn't =
self-exciting yet and the excitation via the lamp is minmal..... as to why =
the full self-excitation isn't occurring immediately after the first blip, =
well possibly the brushes aren't making perfect contact and they need a =
bit of a shakeup to do so, but I don't know..... I've seen this effect in =
Alfas with brand-new regulator-brush assembly and freshly-cleaned =
slip-rings.=20

But as mentioned, my systems never fail to start charging correctly in =
their own sweet time, so I've given up trying to track the cause of these =
sometimes-longish  delays. Similarly, I understand Fred's solution using =
an auxiliary excitation circuit, but again I'm happy that the system =
without that will always start up in a moment or two.  It's a neat idea =
though.....

Best regards,
Graham H,  Paekak, NZ (GTV, Alfetta GTV, 3 x Alfa Sud).

(Probably off the air soon until mid Jan..... looking forward to a feast =
of accumulated Alfa Digests then..... Season's Greetings to all,  and =
Happy Hols sweating over or under your Alfas, as I will be no doubt).