re: shorting out an unwanted sensor

Keith responded to this question:
>>First, the oil level sensor has died and constantly indicates low oil on
the ARC. As I don't trust these devices anyway I'm not too keen on buying
a new sensor.<<

with te following answer:

<<Short it out using a 12 ohm resistor.>>

My 89 Milano water reservoir (windshield washer) sensor is always lit up
because, you guessed it, there is no water.  (the pump broke, tried to fix
it but still leaks and causes rust down below)  I just shorted the cable of
the level sensor.  Should I have used some resistor?
Jorge
89 Milano (6 pounds lighter without water)

End of alfa-digest V7 #1229