Help..GTV2000 Alternator light comes on and then...

The Alternator light on my dashboard came on last night. At the same time the
fuel,  oil pressure and water temp.  gauges stopped working. Drove several
miles this way. Then went over a bump and into my garage.The Alf light went
off and gauges back on.  This morning car started fine, everything working,
drove for 15 miles without the Alt light appearing. Also checked belts and
connections. Everything is in order.
Can anyone tell me what might be happening? Could it be a loose connection to
the alternator.

Appreciate all comments.

Marc Mosko
'74 GTV2000