A Switch in Time- follow up

I only received one piece of information regarding headlight relays which
may be pre-existing on late models spiders.  It is as follows.

"I know Spiders thru '81 did not have a relay in the headlight
circuit. I know the '87 Milano also lacked a headlight relay.
I tried to look up whether your year Spider ('87) uses a relay
but was not able to. I have IAP's workshop manual, but the wiring
diagram is so confusing, I gave up. The "giant list of possible
components" in the manual lists a headlight relay (I16), but
none of the wiring diagrams actually lists this relay as being
used. So my guess is that your '87 does NOT use a relay, but
I may be wrong. The relay should be located around the column
switch or fuse box, so you may be able to tell if a relay is
used by carefully listening for the click."

Anyone have anything else??????????

Thanks and happy holidays!!

Bob Rand
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio