164 Canada eh?

So far as I know the Canadian spec car came with "high" pressure headlight
washers but no wipers. Pretty useless probably. Only SAAB and Volvo have
wipers and for winter conditions only a wiper/washer combo is good enough.

Canadian cars were required to be equipped with at least one tether mount
for a car seat. the parts came in the glovebox with "instructions" for do
it yourself installation.

On the temperature warning light thread, my car had both faults, the short
wire and the duff sensor! Both fixes should be done probably as the sensor
is a problem on many cars.

Anyone have a fix for the LCD ACC temperature display fading out? I assume
the backlight fails and a whole new unit is required. Is it possible
there's a loose connection cheap fix? I'll interpret dead silence as
confirmation that the whole unit needs replacing and ignore the problem.
After all, it's supposed to be an ACC so who needs to change the temp
setting right?

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada