Milano/75 Suspension Questions

A number of months ago I decided after solicitating
opinions from this esteemed group, to install Bilstein
shock absorbers all around in my 1989 Milano Gold.
The original 10 year old shocks were shot.  No
problems with installation (well, one, but I'd rather
not expose myself to ridecule over THAT one).  I do
however have a question for other Bilstein equiped
Milano owners out there.... I seem to notice pavement
conditions much more now, in addition, every little
creak in the car has seemed to get more noticeable.
Is this to be expected?

Note:  I did also recently have the clutch replaced,
and a rebuilt transmission/rear end installed (check
book seriously depleted).

Any words of wisdom?

TIA,

John Wright