RE: GTV6 Cold Start: Problem Solved

 Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.  The explanation.  My son
came over and we removed the upper rad hose and took out the TTS.  At
ambient it was open, as it should be.  We put it in the fridge and checked
it later, switch was closed, as it should be. Operatri9ng normally. Hmmmm.
Turned our attention to the cold start valve.  Continuity with the TTS, OK.
Power from the combi-relay-OK.  Took out the valve, hooked it up, nice cone
shape spray when fired, AOK.  Alot of head scratching as we put everything
back together.  Started the car and was checking coolant connections for
leaks.  I happened to poke around the back of the distrubuter and bumped the
green wire going to the ignition amplifier.  Suddenly the car falters and
starts to die, I rewiggle the wire and it catches.  I do it again and the
engine cuts out and dies.  We reached around to verify the connector to the
distributer and it about fell out in my hand.  Insulation cracked but no big
breaks.  A roll of electrical tape took care of that.  I then remembered
that that wire was subject to some strain so I rerouted the wire to reduce
the strain and reattached the connector making sure it was fully inserted.
Suddenly all was well and the idle, even cold, was significantly better.
Will be better when the new aux air valve arrives. Took it for a drive,
nice. Let it cold soak until later last night when it got down to 45F.
Started right up.  Left it over night, 37F this morning, car again started
right up.  It seems that the problem is solved.  Put this one in the old
memory bank.  Thanks to all who offered help and advice.

Jerry in Houston