Re: speedometer cable

If it is indeed the cable, it is fairly easy to trace it from the
transmission to the black box inside the engine compartment, driver's side
(at least, that's how it's set up on my '86).  Watch that the cables will
occasionally fail, particularly if you don't have a solid ground for the
engine, and it's trying to make a ground out of the speedo cable.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega"