Re: Alfa sei

Hello Matt! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. At this point no one
has contacted me about the Alfa Sei carbs et.al. At that price I guessed
someone with that setup would have wanted them for spares. It took me forever
to find a useable set with all the right pieces.
The transmission started life as a Platinum Box, modified by pressing off the
3rd-4th cluster gear. Cutting it into, and using a similarly cut cluster from
a four cyl. box for the 4th gear. For fifth I machined the gear teeth from
the Plat. box and machined the center from a 4cyl. fifth pressing those teeth
to the plat.hub. This gave me the high 2nd., 3rd., from the plat. and lower
4th.,& 5th.,from the Alfetta box. With the 3.42 R&P  I`ve got 4 very useable
gears.The final result is :
!st.---2.77-1
2nd.-1.72-1
3rd.--1.23-1
4th.--1.04-1     orig.0.95
5th.--0.83-1     orig.0.78

By the way, I`ve got an Orig,101,1300 normale engine gearbox assembly that
appears to have never been opened. The motor runs great,clutch and gearbox as
well. we pulled it from a car that a friend bought for chassis parts(Steve
Hatfield from Ft.Walton,I think he has bought from you for his 59 Spider) I
traded him a 2 liter for it and have no need  for the Guilietta stuff. Steve
kept the Intake & Exhaust sys. The starter  has been replaced but the rest
seems to be as assembled in Italy,if you know someone who has use for it. My
interest was to use the gears to build another close ratio gear box for my
vintage GTJr.,but it would be a shame to break apart for such if there is a
restorer who has better need.