Turner starts!

It took some doing, but she decided to actually catch, clear her throats,
and run!!  I'm sure all the cleaning of the grounds helped, we know that we
were able to reclaim about 1V going to the coil, that has to help!  It took
a lot of cranking, it was about 45F out, and she hadn't run in 9 weeks.  She
ran like her usual good self.  Great to drive her again...

It may be time to install a ballast resistor and proper coil, to get a
hotter spark at startup time.  It cannot hurt.  The motor has 12:1 pistons,
that has to tax the system.  Even with a weak battery, we measured a 20,000V
spark while cranking.  My stock Bosch distributor hasn't given me an ounce
of problems, takes all the rpm I give her.

Note, my battery is in the trunk, and I ran the ground strap to the shock
tower.  It was pointed out that this isn't the greatest place as the shock
tower itself is mounted to the body, and there is a chance for corrosion at
the base of this, and potential voltage losses.  I drilled a hole near the
spare, dremeled off the paint around the hole, and now have a sparkling
ground connection from the battery!

Cheers!

Steve S.
NWARC Alfisti Of The Year!!  (1999)