non-starting GTV

Re Steve's non-starting 1600 GTV:

I had a similar experience in 1980 with my similarly-engined Giulia Super.
The car sat for a few weeks while getting some work done, and would spin
great but not start. afterward  All systems checked out OK.  Something
prompted me to change to different main jets, which seemed to solve the
problem.  I guess there must have been a change of weather during that time?
It seemed an unlikely fix, but I can attest it solved it.  Some of the
factory manuals do specify different main jets for summer and winter use, so
maybe your weather has changed?  Or maybe fiddle the idle adjust screws
and/or idle jets a bit?

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register
Berkeley, CA