red light

Michael Smith writes:
"Also, people at the front of the line should be encouraged to step on it
when the light does turn green which will reduce this perceived time penalty
(I find the horn sometimes has the desired effect). "

The only problem is, here in CA the first in line has to wait a few seconds
for all the red light runners to clear the intersection! So this particular
remedy cannot happen until people stop running red lights. Chicken and egg.

Alfa content: My 82 spider is not exactly a drag race star, particularly
with the slow 1-2 shift. So it's hard for me to zoom away from a green
light, possibly incurring the horn of the 164L driver behind me!

Greg