Running the yellow (minimal Alfa content)

Jerry in Houston said: "Color me naive, but I have
never heard of getting a ticket for running the
yellow.  But it was California....nuff said."

Better stay out of Springfield, MO as well, as my mom
says they're cracking down on it there, too. The law
in most jurisdictions states that the purpose of the
yellow light is to CLEAR the intersection; in other
words, if you're already in the intersection, you
should proceed through it, but if you aren't there yet
you're supposed to stop. In Nashville, as in most
places I've been, folks tend to enter on the yellow,
and complete any intended left turns on the "orange."
I've seen even Alfa drivers do this (note required
Alfa content).

Will Owen
Nashville, TN