Re: alfa-digest importing cars.

dear Fellows,
as many of you know I live in Canada.  I cannot help with the paper work
to import a car into the States but I have imported cars into Canada.

In my experience a container is a must, if only to keep the car from
unauthorized eyes.  The last car I imported about 8 months ago was a
Zagato, small car.  It was handled by Merzario transport ( the same
Arturo Merzario some of you may recall driving Alfa).  He was a friend
of my father and perhaps particularly careful because of that, but it
was easy and quick.  Cost 2500 $ from my mother residence in Bologna to
my place in Victoria, BC.  It is a long trip, via Panama.  I though the
cost was fair.  I got frequent updates on the trip and immediate notice
upon arrival in north-america.

Mr. Merzario transports stuff for a living.  He has offices in many
countries, one in NY.  I have no interest in his business. I know he
called my mother to say that a car like that should stay in Bologna.  He
tried to turn down the business, he is no question a car guy.  Maybe
worth your while consulting him as as well.

Best Regards, Andrea