Re: cars on the set

> I agree with Lawrence Gowin's comments regarding cars used
> in movies/TV--they can be rough on them.

****
There was a James Bond anniversary show on cable several years back--it was
before the Timothy Dalton years or just right after "The Living Daylights"
so Roger Moore's bond was still somewhat, uh, fresh (?) in everyone's mind.
Anyway, in the scene, Moore was driving along in a Ferrari Mondial coupe
somewhere in what looked like Monte Carlo or Nice. There were shots of him
behind the wheel talking to the camera. Don't know if he was actually
driving or being towed. Then he chucked the wheel radically and the camera
cut to a frontal shot of the car doing a complete anti-terrorist 180-degree
spin. My guess is a stunt driver was probably employed.

My point? If this production company is doing ANYTHING James Bond related,
chances are they are not going to want to (Octo) pussy-foot in front of the
camera.