Re: Los Angeles robot traffic ticket and Caster

The fuzz is playing the same game here in San Francisco.  I've noticed
that the photo radar intersections have yellow lights that last about
half as long as the intersections nearby.  Aren't these photo radar
installations subcontracted to commercial operations who make a
commission on every ticket?  Sounds like the big scam to me.

If you want true automotive freedom, try http://www.nasaproracing.com,
you can't beat it at $150/day for road racing and open track.

As far as caster goes, most modern automobiles require positive caster,
meaning the centerline of the kingpin axis is farther back at the top.
Too little positive caster places the tire contact patch in front of
the  steering axis, causing the front tires to be unstable when tracking
straight ahead.  A car with too little positive caster will run right
off the road if you let go of the wheel, but will turn in better,
understeer less, and have light steering a low speed.  Too much positive
caster will cause heavy steering at low speed, understeer, possibly
vagueness on-center in the steering, and good directional stability.
I've found that the stock settings for caster and toe on my GTV6 provide
the best balance of the above mentions characteristics, though the
negative camber really needs to be increased to maximize tire
performance.

- --
David Bongiovanni
84 gtv6