Importing a car

Dart it, I forgot who wrote the original question about this...

2 things are VERY important to cross the border with- and EPA sticker and a
DOT sticker if the car is newer than '68.  I was thinking of a car from
Windsor (just over the border from Detroit) and asked the customs guys what
I needed to do.  The tax I cant remember about, but they won't let you
across the border if the stickers are not there.  I'm sure for newer cars
they have some type of computer system which checks the VIN number, but I
don't know when that would start...

As for the actual regulating agencies, they can't do anything to you.  Your
local state officials enforce the EPA and DOT rules.  So, depending on what
state and city you live in, once you get the car over the border, and
titles, you could be all set.

Good luck!!!!

Eric Storhok
Advanced Powertrain Engineering