Running the yellow?

Marty Stuczynski wrote "While visiting Los Angeles I ran a yellow light and
was photographed by one of their robot cameras ( Wilshire and Sepulveda Sts.
) . This intersection seems like a trap to me as it's a long downhill to
what seems a short-duration yellow light."...."Has anybody fought the
robot?"

Color me naive, but I have never heard of getting a ticket for running the
yellow.  But it was California....nuff said.

Has anyone fought the robot?  Yes, here in Texas. They tried to introduce
those machines here in the early 90's.  The local gestapo's loved
'em...great revenue production.  Luckily some judge ruled that use of the
machine denied the perp the right to confront his accuser (i.e. you can't
cross examine a machine) and threw out the machine tickets. After that they
all went away.  Could challenge on that premise.  Here, if the cop does not
show up at traffic court to testify against you they throw out the ticket if
you know enough the plead innocent ahead of time.  If you plead guilty or no
contest they will convict you without the officer testimony.

Good Luck
Jerry in Houston