Re: Spica engine lost power

Check the short arm that is connecting the long rod to the Spica pump. It is
spot welded to the splined part that slides onto the shaft going into the
pump and sometimes (due to vibrations) the weld fails allowing the arm to
move without actually turning the shaft. The car will start but die when you
press on  the gas pedal.

Let us know
Thomas Moll
Seattle, WA
- -67 Guila Super Inezione
- -74 Spider w.Wes Ingram race modified Spica pump

> Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 09:16:17 PST
> From: "Costel Vasiliu" <costelv@domain.elided>
> Subject: Spica engine lost power
>
> Alfisti,
>
> Last weekend my Alfetta lost power completely and the engine stopped.
When
> cranking it it's acting like it wants to start and dies immediately.
Giving
> that fact, I thought it must be the fuel system, but seeing the
Marelliplex