Re 164 drivetrain slack

 Having been engaged in clutch replacement on our '91 164TS UK at 125K miles
I measured the slack as I was beginning to notice some take off clunk (but
no coasting problems as reported elsewhere) and wondered if I should re shim
the diff whilst I had it separated from engine.

In gear, one wheel locked, then the other rotates through 33mm total end to
end.

Is that good, reasonable or bad ????.

I've pretty much decided to leave the gearbox alone as the clunk is not
desparate (unless you seriously quickly lift off and stamp hard on the gas)
and I believe in "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

'91 164 TS UK
'95 164 CloverLeaf UK

Geoff
gran-turismo@domain.elided