Why We Drive What We Drive

 Heading North on 101 just above the Golden Gate Bridge, I saw a Ferrari
456M, silver, pull into the lane next to me. The plate said "456M". A rather
distinguished looking gentleman in his early 60s or so was driving. He
pulled along side me, flashed his lights and gave me the thumbs up before
exiting to head over to the East Bay. I realized I was enjoying my ride as
much as he was, and my pride and joy set me back $215,000 less than his! I
want to tip my hat to this guy for using his quarter million dollar car as
his daily driver, in the rain.

While still thinking about seeing my "what I'd drive if money was no object"
car flying down the road, I stopped for coffee. A car had blocked me in the
parking space with the driver still in it. I walked back and nicely asked if
he could back up so I could get out. He told me he had been admiring my car,
and that he had owned over a dozen Alfas. He went on to say that he had been
the first dealer of Alfas in the US after World War Two. With that he shook
my hand and left. Anyone have an idea of who this might be? He seemed to be
in his mid/late 70s. I was not expecting the conversation, or I would have
remembered to ask his name.

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC