Subject: GTV6 Heating problems.

in reference to chris' non-functioning gtwe6 heater, jerry sez:
>Check the heater hose under the bonnet.  Many put manual valves in the heater
>line to improve a/c performance.  Mine has one, a silver colored valve with a
>rotating handle right before the firewall on the passenger side.
==================================
the above is true, however many folks install these shut-off walves due to
failure of the heater-control-valves in the heater core inside the car.  seems
the brand-gnu off-the-shelf walves also leak.  amhik!  :>)  i had to rig up a
mazda walve in order to have heat in my gtwe6.  wasn't difficult, the most
difficult part was finding a walve that wood work.  this walve resides on the
passenger side (non-british) of the center console, & is quite accessible.  may
also be that the hoses were completely disconnected from the heater core instead
of shut-off walves being installed.

hope this helps,

doug s.