jalapeno peppers (no alfa content)

The recent thread on hot stuff in the eyes (battery acid, etc.) reminded me
of an incident that happened to a friend of mine when we were still in high
school.

After school one day, my friend (we'll call him Bob) decided to whip up a
batch of nachos with cheese and jalapenos.  In the middle of dicing the
jalapenoes, nature called, and Bob adjourned to the washroom to attend to
business.  Unfortunately for Bob, he failed to wash the jalapeno juice off
his hands prior to handling his equipment.  Considerable burning discomfort
resulted.

Looking to solve his fiery dilemma, Bob phoned his father at work and asked
for advice.  "Put some dairy on it" was the suggested cure.  Bob ran to the
refrigerator, pulled out a tub of yogurt, and rather than simply applying
some to the affected area, he instead immersed the entire appendage directly
into the tub of yogurt.

At this point Bob's younger sister walked through the back door and into the
kitchen.  Needless to say, she was slightly surprised to find her brother
standing there with his pants at his ankles and a tub of yogurt pressed
against his groin.

Bob's attempts at explanation were quite futile, and his family teased him
relentlessly for years afterwards.

Moral of the story:  always lock your doors.

Greg Stewart
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada