164 vs 300M?

While we're on the subject of 164 vs. American "sport sedans", does anybody
on the list have experience driving a 164 and a Chrysler 300M? I've been
keeping an eye out for a nice 164 S/Q, but you don't see many for sale in
So. Cal. except automatics which I would avoid based on the problems which
seem to follow these cars. I liked the looks of the 300M enough to take one
for a test. I really liked the steering feel. The thrust, brakes, and
handling were decent for such a large (compared with my GTV), comfortable
car. And the "autostick" was actually kinda fun! Since I don't know anyone
with a 164 S/Q, and you can't go down to the dealer for a test drive, maybe
someone else can comment on how they compare? Paper performance of the 300M
(3.5L/250HP) appears on par with the 164 and SHO numbers Erik Storhok
posted, but I might be able to find a perfect 164S for half the price of
the 300M.

Mike Grace
'74 GTV
Santa Barbara, CA