184S Rear Suspension Squeak and Outside Mirror Glass Replacement

I posted this last week, but it didn't make it onto the Digest. Here it is
again:
A couple of weeks back, there was a thread about fixing the rear suspension
squeak common to 164s. I have had this squeak for over a year on my 164S,
and would like to eliminate it. I remember it entailed lubricating rear
suspension bushings (not tightening the bolts, as this makes the problem
worse). Can anyone with experience making this repair fill me in on the
procedure?

The passenger side outside mirror has lost some of its silvering, resulting
in black spots on the rear of the glass that do not come off. I read that
early Euro-market 164s used a mirror that has a lever which pops off the
glass. My 92 164S mirrors don't work like that. I can get a used mirror from
APE (or a new one from AlfaBIll or Alfa Parts), but I'd like to avoid
repainting the housing to match my car. Does anyone have experience
replacing just the glass on a US spec 164 mirror?

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA
AROC