Seatbelts & Starter Relay

I'm aware the Spider seatbelt problem has surfaced before, but has
anyone come up with a good fix for the early ('67 to '73) Spiders? The
'69 has no belts whatsoever, the 73's belts and mechanism are in bad
shape.

No one is interested in selling used belts, even though decent used ones
would be better than what either of these cars currently have.

Both clients would also like shoulder harnesses, but all I've promised
at this time is that I'll get them decent  retracting lap belts.

Next, and yes Fred I have a wiring diagram which shows a starter relay
on the '73. The dash and everything in the engine bay have been removed
and replaced. Trust me, there was no starter relay.

How critical is it? Do I need to retrofit one or can I assume since it's
lasted 27 years without one, it will continue to do so?

Any help out there on either of these problems would be greatly
appreciated.

Biba
Irwindale CA